Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies

In an attempt to bake at least one more pumpkin recipe this year, I came across this recipe that I had bookmarked last year.  I was slightly skeptical at first, mixing chocolate with pumpkin, but the end result is delicious!  I think the cream cheese really ties the pumpkin & chocolate together for a delicious treat.


Start with your favorite brownie recipe.  When adding a swirl to a brownie recipe, I find no shame in starting with a box mix :)



Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl
for a 9x13 pan


1 cup pumpkin puree
6 oz cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Mix ingredients together with a mixer or by hand.  Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter in a parchment lined (or greased) 9x13 pan, then use a tablespoon to dollop pumpkin filling on top*.  Spoon the remaining brownie batter into the pan and use a knife to swirl together.  Bake at 325 (for a dark pan, 350 for glass) for 40 minutes.

*I didn't use all the filling, unless you like a lot, you'll probably only need about 75% of the mixture.

No comments: