Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

I wanted to put a twist on the normal peanut butter hershey kiss cookies.  My favorite hershey kisses are the candy cane kisses, so I knew I was going to use those.  All the recipes for the traditional kiss cookies had peanut butter it in, and I didn't think that would taste too good.  I ended up creating my own cookie recipe for these, which turned out fabulous.



Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
makes 7 dozen cookies


7 dozen candy cane kisses, unwrapped (you'll need two regular sized bags)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 sticks butter, softened
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Beat sugars, cream cheese, shortening and butter until fluffy.  Add eggs and mix well.  Stir in flour, baking sode & powder, and mix until fully combined.  Scoop with a small cookie scoop and roll into 1" balls.  Roll balls in additional sugar.  You can use colored sugar, like I did!  Place about 2" apart on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly brown.  Remove from oven and place 1 kiss into center of each cookie.  Let cool on wire rack.

Adapted from Betty Crocker's Peanut Butter Blossoms

No comments: